Sorry for the late post, lets get to it ...
1. Season/Series Premieres! Premiere week madness continues with the always fun Wednesday night lineups. First, ABC kicks off the season premieres of The Middle and Modern Family, each with hour long helpings! it ends the night with the series premiere of Revenge (which looks decidedly unfunny). Fox is launching its next reality show juggernaut, X Factor, with a two-hour premiere. Welcome back Simon and Paula! CBS premieres new seasons of Criminal Minds and CSI (Original Flavor). NBC has Up All Night and Free Agents settling into their normal lead-off timeslots, followed by season premieres of Harry's Law and Law & Order: SVU.
2. Ratings! Overnights for Tuesday are in and New Girl was the big draw of the new shows with 10 million viewers and a winning 4.7 share in the 18-49 time slot (though Dancing With the Stars - Results and NCIS: LA had move overall viewers (i.e., old people)). CBS owned the overall night with strong numbers from NCIS, NCIS: LA and a decent start for Unforgettable. Interestingly, Glee was down 32% from its second season premiere a year ago. That shows has a hill to climb to get back into people's good graces.
3. For The Standing Blogger at least, the reasons to watch Prime Suspect just increased by one, former Friday Night Lights executive producer, Peter Berg, just signed on to play Maria Bello's love interest. SB will watch at least that episode ...
4. Metta World Peace (nee Ron Artest) was the first dancetestant thrown off Dancing With the Stars. Yeah, pretty sure it was the stupid name.
5. I LOVE Gordon Ramsay. He's smart, he curses like a British sailor, his shows are fun and he clearly knows what he's talking about. Now, he's taking that winning combination to another arena; Fox has greenlighted another new Ramsay joint to be called Hotel Hell. If you have seen Kitchen Nightmares, you know what this show will be about ... except, you know, it'll be about hotels instead of restaurants.
6. this came out a couple of days ago but I forgot to mention it. If you were missing Chord Overstreet on Glee last night, no fears, the ousted actor will be headed to The Middle in this season's second episode as Brick's new teacher. I can't wait to see Brick say "Trouty Mouth" under his breath.