Happy Columbus Day!!!
1. Cancellation Watch! The Fall TV season claims another victim, How to be a Gentleman has been axed and Rules of Engagement will fill its Thursday night slot (this follows on an announcement over the weekend that the show was swapping places with Rules which was set to premiere this coming weekend on Saturday night). Another bad show down, another non-surprise.
2. Ratings! Friday night numbers were relatively the same week over week, with CBS winning the overall night in total viewers and share of the 18-49 demographic. On Sunday, NBC's Football Night in America continued to spank all of the competition. When we get down into the also rans, ABC's Desperate housewives continued to post series lows and Pan Am had a precipitous 27% drop off in week over week viewership in the 18-49 demographic (posting a lowly 1.9%). CBS's numbers looked good though its hard to decipher what exactly happened at this point due to the half hour football overrun. We'll need to wait for final numbers to come out before reliable ratings are available.
3. In some casting news TV Watcher somehow didn't realize, Kal Penn is signed on for 8 episodes of How I Met Your Mother as not only Robin's therapist but also, her love interest.
4. In news sure to please Standing Blogger, Netflix has abandoned plans to spinoff its DVD delivery business into a new venture called Quickster, instead opting to keep everything under the Netflix umbrella. The announcement had been poorly received by the public and Netflix's stock price had nosedived in the weeks following the announcement.
5. The Simpsons has been officially renewed for two more seasons, bring it to at least (though probably its last) 25th season. Eat my shorts, indeed.