Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Afternoon News: October 3, 2011

The latecomers to the fall season are here and as other shows settle to their timeslots, we'll see which are the true greats and which actually kind of suck. So here we go:

1. Season premieres. I think we are finally done with the series premieres and most of the season premieres too, but for those of you who are still watching, the 8th season of House begins tonight on Fox (8pm). If you still care about House and his cane, enjoy. I used to like the show, now I enjoy watching the cast turn up on other shows (Cuddy and Taub on The Good Wife! Cameron on Once Upon A Time!).

2. Bret Michaels is developing a line of pet products. Really?!?! I hope I am not offending those of you with pets, but really? Being on Celebrity Apprentice wasn't enough? I haven't watch the show in a while, but wasn't it supposed to be about getting a job with Trump, a la Bill Rancic?

3. The cult favorite, Arrested Development will be making a return to television leading up to a movie. I tried to watch the DVDs from Netflix, but couldn't get into it. I'm sure I was missing something...

4. Ratings: Pan Am slipped a bit (it's OMD, but I haven't watched yet), and was down 19%, not great, but it beat CSI:Miami (insert David Caruso sunglasses joke here). Football ruled the ratings and the demos on both NBC (at least they get to win one night) and CBS. Most shows were down from their premieres, but that's to be expected.

5. In other news, congrats to Seth Rogen on his marriage to Lauren Miller. I bet that was an awesome wedding to be at!

No comments:

Post a Comment