Happy Halloween Weekend!
1. Tonight's TV: In scheduling news, the never-ending World Series bumps Fringe to next week. TV Watcher will have to wait another week for Peter Bishop's return. Elsewhere on the dial, Grimm has it's series premiere on NBC. Given the terrific viewership that Once Upon a Time has already achieved, is there room for another fairy-tale based show? Somehow, I think this might be another NBC mis-step. See #3 below, although I think TV Watcher will disagree with me.
2. Project Runway crowned a winner last night Wait, is crowned the right terminology for this show? I've never seen it, please correct me in the comments!
3. At NBC, they must try so hard to come up with terrible programming. And even when they find something good, they kill it (Sing-Off as a two-hour show, c'mon people). So, how horrible will Fashion Star be? With Jessica Simpson and Nicole Ritchie, you couldn't get me to go near that thing for anything. Unless it's cash (yes, I can be bought...).
4. Must be the tiger blood! FX has picked up Charlie Sheen's Anger Management. A lot of people will check out the premiere and no one will watch the rest of the season. Who's with me?
5. Ratings! Other than Fox (which likely took the top spot thanks to the World Series), CBS rocked with total viewers and in the demos (although ABC came pretty close there). Despite the strong showing, most of the CBS shows were down across the board. In positive news for NBC, the Peacock network came in ahead of Univision this week. Yay.
6. On a self-promotional note, OMD is introducing a new weekly column, check out my weekly Sound Off column.
Have a wonderful weekend. You can bet we will be spending it catching on on last week's TV!