Ratings! Overall, ABC won the night in total viewers, with just over 15 million, but CBS won in the demos. HIMYM was actually up last night, as were all of the other CBS comedies and H5-0. Reality programming took a hit, Dancing was down 6% and Sing-Off hit a series low. Poor old NBC, the only network behind it last night was CW. Even Univision bested NBC in the demos. Ouch. Seems like NBC is putting a lot of pressure on Brian Williams - will people tune in because they think Rock Center is a take off of 30 Rock? That'd be funny. Fun fact: If you've seen the promos for Rock Center, they were actually filmed in the elevators of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I know those elevators well (I used to work in the building!).
1. CSI's showrunner has just sold 6 new shows, including 2 book adaptations on CW. I guess she wants to get some viewers who are under 55!
2. Could reality performance shows actually get longer? X Factor says yes. As if it doesn't occupy enough time on some people's DVRs, tonight outing will be two and a half hours long.
3. Casting News! Idol alum Crystal Bowersox (I've always thought she had a cool name) will guest star in a episode of Body of Proof (a show which does not occupy space on our DVRs here at OMD, but gets watched occasionally online or On Demand) playing an inmate convicted for assaulting her drug dealer.
4. Here we go again, DirecTV subscribers may lose their Fox programming. Been there, done that. Let's see if they can come to an agreement faster than Cablevision did.
5. Charles is back in Charge! Scott Baio will star in a Nick at Nite original series called Daddy's Home as teenage hearts begin to flutter back in 1986.