Before we get into the TV news, we here at On My DVR send our condolences to Steve Jobs' family. The world has lost an incredible visionary, he will be missed. While I don't have a Mac, an iPhone or an iPad, I do have an iPod and my very first computer was an Apple IIgs, but I don't believe you have to be an Apple connoisseur to realize what an impact he made on all of our lives.
Turning to your OMD news:
1. We are now fully entrenched in the fall season and there are no new shows on tonight. I will most likely watch Grey's tonight and I'm sure TV Watcher will be watching Person of Interest. How soon will How to be a Gentlemen be pulled? Keep watching here for the updated "Axed List".
2. Pick-up fever is spreading, after Fox ordered a full season of The New Girl and NBC followed with Up All Night, CBS picked up 2 Broke Girls, trying to prove that it has shows that cater to the under 40 crowd too!
3. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts...here comes the movie! Connie Britton has confirmed that the movie is in the works and Jason Katims is writing the script. I, for one, am a little torn about this. The ending was so perfect, will the movie mess it up?
4. In the wake of the demise of Playboy Club, Hef has declared that the show failed because it should have been on cable. Unfortunately, people who want to watch a 1960s era drama on cable watch Mad Men on AMC, which has better writing and better actors.
5. In the wake of their movies, it is rumored that Jason Sudekis and Kristin Wiig will be leaving SNL. Many talented comedians/actors have left the show to pursue bigger careers (i.e. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and many many more). If this proves to be true, they will be missed.