Lots to get to today, lets do it!
1. Hot Mess Alert!!! If you had to pick a bunch of 1980/90's "stars" to revive their careers in a new, web-based series in the style of Curb Your Enthusiasm's faux-realism, who would you pick? If you chose Full House's Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey) and Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner), as well as Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell) and Kato Kaelin (OJ's pesky houseguest), you would be dead-on. This island of misfit toys will be starring a web-series entitled Can't get Arrested, scheduled to premiere at the end of the month. There will be an initial five episode run and can be viewed at Can’tGetArrestedShow.com. This might be the greatest potential train wreck we have ever heard about and we are so excited at its news, we're doing a dance about it.
2. Show Renewals! A&E has picked up The Glades for third season. We understand if you need a minute to catch your breath.
3. As the season wears on, talking about ratings becomes a bit boring but since TV Watcher is attending bedside vigil over Terra Nova's cancellation watch, we feel an obligation to mention that its ratings were up 8% over last week, showing a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demo and just shy of 8 million total viewers. ABC and Fox together, chipped away nicely at CBS's normal Monday domination (Two and a Half Man, though still a juggernaut, has shed almost half its total viewers since its season premiere). As for last night, a two hour X Factor led Fox to a sound win over CBS in the 18-49 demographic in a night that CBS normally has locked up tight. In happier news, Last Man Standing dropped 17% from its overly bloated series premiere numbers last week and no one really was interested in the premiere of Man Up!
4. Casting News! The Glee yo-yo continues with news that Chord Overstreet might be returning to McKinley High later this season. Mandy Moore has signed on to a new ABC comedy slated to premiere next fall. I have enjoyed watching Ms. Moore on her various guest star roles (including a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy last season). CSI has cast TV veteran Grant Show (last seen on Burn Notice) for a multi-episode arc as Marg Helgenberger' love interest. Dr. Sloane (Eric Dane) is getting some love on Grey's Anatomy with the addition of Holley Fain (Gossip Girl) for a recurring role during November sweeps.
5. If you need a break from TV, rejoice in the news that Anne Hathaway has joined the cast of the big screen adaption of the Les Miserables musical (joining Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe). News is that she'll play Fantine.
6. A former staffer on The Hills is suing MTV, alleging, among other things, sexual harassment and forced drug use (They forced her to inhale? Is Bill Clinton her attorney?!?). TV Watcher is going to countersue Ms. Eliza Sprout for aiding and abetting the infliction of that show on his mind and soul.
7. Congratulations to Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU)and her husband, Peter Hermann, on the successful adoption of their second child (their third overall kid). Little Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann was born earlier this year.